Sunday, March 2, 2014

THE NEW ME... THE AMAZING PEPERONI PIZZA - GLUTEN & MEAT FREE (DAY 40) - A gluten free, natural sugars, less alcohol diet

Gluten free, meat free, peperoni pizza
 

Another busy day yesterday, even though we were having the weekend off.

Nancy (pussycat) stayed in most of the day.  I think she'd eaten too much 'Doubly Delicious Felix', or had a furball stuck in her throat, as she puked some of it on the piano.  I didn't mind, these things happen.  I wish she didn't feel so guilty about it and want to rush straight outside afterwards.

Because I thought the weather was going to be like Saturday i.e. wind free with sunshine, I motivated myself to go in the garden and do some weeding.  Unfortunately it was freezing, damp and really windy.  However, several bags of weeds later, I was done.  I even managed to weed some of a neighbour's garden before the rain set in.  In fact the rain was in for the day.  I'll have to make some spongy waterproof kneepads though, so my knees don't get damp and cold.

Took the bags of weeds to the local recycling centre, did a bit of shopping and then chilled out doing some patchworking whilst watching Zathura.  Very similar to Jumanji, even with a Bradley Pierce lookalike of Zona Bobo.   Losing interest, we changed channels and watched 'Invincible', an inspirational film based on a true story about Vince Papale, the American footballer, who played for the Philadelphia Eagles.  Taff (better half) and I had seen the film at the cinema when it was first released.  It's still good the second time around, though shattered with gardening I had to retire early to bed.

Taff must have ended up watching the Welsh Open Snooker Championships, as he's just told me that Ronnie the Rocket O'Sullivan won, with a 147 on his last frame.  He is one amazing dude.

Still on the diet, though dreaming of lemon meringue pavlova ( a new invention I want to create, though has probably been done before by someone else).  Taff did make me an amazing pizza though.  He used a gluten free pizza base we'd got in the freezer.  He then added passata, chipotle peppers and applewood smoked cheese.  It was AMAZING, like peperoni but without the meat.

Dying to find out whether Matthew McConaughey has won an Oscar for his part in The Dallas Buyers Club.  Sadly the info on http://oscar.go.com/ isn't up to date yet.  The suspense is killing me!

What I ate yesterday (Day 39)

Snack
1 glass water
1 mug tea + honey

Breakfast
2 gluten free pancakes with lemon and honey (homemade)
1 glass water
1 mug tea + honey

Lunch
Fried vegetable mash, in butter with tomato sauce
1 mug tea + honey

Dinner
Gluten free pizza with cucumber, apple & Greek style yoghurt
1 glass water
Elderflower pressee with wine


Must fly, filing to do, then a kip again, then all day writing.

Pam
:)

Writer, creator and thinker
http://www.pamandtaffjones.com/
Mummy of Nancy Jones (star of 'Tales of Nancy Jones' children's book by Taff Jones)


No comments:

Post a Comment