Monday, January 27, 2014

THE NEW ME... BACK TO NORMALITY (DAY 6) - A diet with no refined sugar, flour nor alcohol

 
Turkey escalope with 2 tasty salads

Thankfully we have returned to normality again, after a busy weekend away.  I didn't have to buy food out and could have breakfast and dinner at home which meant I was in control of my food.

With a pile of paperwork and writing to do, I would normally have done that yesterday.  However, as many of you may know, running a self-employed business, and being independent authors is tough.  Not tougher than being employed, just different tough.  Particularly as cash flows differently.  Therefore, we diversified yesterday. 

I describe our business as 'Writers, Creators and Thinkers'.  So I used my creative and thinking skills to become a 'professional' cleaner, declutterer, shopper and cook.  There is great satisfaction knowing that you can make someone's life a little brighter and less stressful.  Not only that but it did give me time to think of ideas for writing and it was a day's workout in itself.  Scrubbing floors and cleaning carpets on my hands and knees, in addition to lugging heavy shopping, meant I was able to burn a few calories.  Which is why my neck and biceps ache like billio today, and means I probably won't go to the gym.  Instead I'll spend time recovering those stretched muscle filaments. 

Changing the subject.  I haven't looked in the mirror recently, so I don't know if I've lost any weight.  I hope I have, after all the effort I'm making.  I know my belly's still there because I felt it in the middle of the night.  Wishful thinking that it would disappear straightaway! :)


What I ate yesterday (Day 5)

Snack
1 scrambled egg + black pepper
1 glass unsweetened almond milk (nutty and slightly strange but I suppose I'll get used to it)

Breakfast
1 glass water
Dry-fried leftover mashed potato (no oil or butter)
Mushrooms - gently fried in butter
Cherry tomatoes - gently fried in butter

Snack
1/2 mug tea

Lunch
1 banana
1 mug water

Snack
1/2 mug tea

Dinner
Turkey escalope in a white sauce - Gently fried in butter with seasonings (Garlic Italian, Cajun) +
    double cream
Grape, nut and celery salad with a dash of salad cream and Greek style yoghurt
Green pepper and tomato salad in red wine vinegar
2 glass water
1 banana and cream

Got to dash, I've got piles of paperwork and writing to do.... And, this is the second time I've had to write this blog (as I lost the first one uploading a photo), so I'm 20 minutes behind.

Wishing you a stress-free and de-cluttered day.

Signing out

Pam
:)

Writer, creator and thinker
website - pamandtaffjones.com
Mummy of Nancy Jones (star of 'Tales of Nancy Jones' children's book by Taff Jones)

No comments:

Post a Comment