Sunday, January 26, 2014

THE NEW ME... A RELAPSE (DAY 5) - A diet with no refined sugar, flour, nor alcohol

Luscious turkey escalope with coleslaw

 
Yesterday (Day 4) was a tiring day as we'd had a busy weekend travelling to the West Midlands and back... and because I'm a person of routine, life was temporarily topsy-turvy. 

Woke up to the smell of wonderful toast as we were stopping at a 17th century hotel (The Talbot, Stourbridge) for the night.  I controlled myself with the wonderful arrays of delicious delicacies - pastries, biscuits, fruits, cereals, English breakfast, toast and more toast - having 3 tinned prunes, some tart red stewed berries followed by an adapted English breakfast, at our request.

Had a walk around the town before travelling down to Portsmouth in one hit, in the rain.  We were so glad to be home and see our beautiful fluffy pussycat, Nancy Jones.  Cold and tired, blogged and went shopping before the supermarket closed at 4pm as it was Sunday.  Came back, put the shopping away, emptied the suitcase, put away the toiletries, put a wash on, had a hot bath, while Taff (better half) was beavering away working.

Chilled out watching bubble-gum on TV (i.e. anything that would help me relax) as Taff cooked dinner.  Then I started thinking.... 'What treats did I have to look forward to?' 'There were none.'  'What if it's my last day on planet earth, my last supper (so to speak)?'  I was still cold, even though he central heating was on, and I was out of kilter and needed a treat.  So, I tucked into the delicious meal Taff had made, with a glass (or two) of chilled chardonnay.  It was either that or cake!

Went to bed early... shattered.

Even now, several hours later, I feel all warm and cosy inside, albeit a little guilty.  However, I'm now back on kilter, to start another day.  I'm doing better than I did last year with my 'Rainbow Food Diet', which only lasted 3 days... and I'm still off the refined sugar and flour.


What I ate on Day 4

Breakfast
1 small glass milk
1 small glass water
3 prunes
2 desert spoons stewed red fruits (including strawberries and blackberries) - no sugar
1 poached egg
1 slice cooked bacon
mushrooms
1/2 grilled tomato

Snack
Drink of water
Bowl of Greek-style yoghurt (as a result of listening to a programme on BBC Radio 4 about yoghurt)

Afternoon lunch
Mashed potato - with butter and milk

Dinner
Turkey escalope - gently fried in butter with Garlic Italian and Cajun seasoning
Sauce - cream added to the jus
Coleslaw - lettuce, carrot, onion, sultanas, British apple, salad cream and Greek-style yoghurt
Wine
2 pineapple rings (tinned) in juice with double cream

Onwards and upwards! :)

Signing out

Pam
:)

Pam Jones
website - pamandtaffjones.com
Mummy of Nancy Jones (star of 'Tales of Nancy Jones' children's book)

No comments:

Post a Comment