Thursday, January 23, 2014

THE NEW ME.... I'VE STARTED THE DIET AND I’M STARVING (DAY 2)


Day 1 - Breakfast


So… It’s day 2 of the diet and I’ve been really good.  I’ve had no processed sugar (unless it’s hidden in foods), no flour and no alcohol; and I’ve also eaten some fruit, but I'm starving.  Of course I’m not actually starving as in the true sense of the word as the cupboards are full of food.  However, I am finding that I’m constantly hungry.  It’s probably a psychological thing… as I did hear once that hunger pains were really a symptom from the digestion of food.  All I know is that I’ve just had a glass of milk and a banana and I’m getting hunger pains. 
 
Day 1 was slightly longer than usual i.e. I went to bed an hour later.  I also wasn’t clock-watching to see when I could have a glass of vino later on in the afternoon as a treat.  Instead, I drove to see a friend and came back late (well late for me anyway).

I cleared the cupboards of goodies and gave them to a local food bank (no sure what they'll think of the yummy Shropshire stuffing mix that I bought for Christmas and never ate).  Still kept some gluten flour to make cakes for people when the urge takes me.  Surprisingly there weren't many goodies at all, lots of out of date stuff that we didn’t use, and some foods that we no longer eat. 

I also went to the gym and took it easy for my first session on some weights to ‘remain injury free’ (Taff’s motto).  I don’t ache… yet!

I priced up the contact lenses.  As I haven’t used them for years (since the incident when I lost one only to find that once I’d had a good night’s sleep it had moved to the back of my eyeball, and then re-appeared again!) I have to have 2 optician appointments.  Unclear why, but I’m sure all will be revealed.  Appointment number 1 booked for next week.

I went to Boots and got weighed (cost 70p).  I’ve grown 2 inches and am now 5ft 8 inches tall (obviously a bad hair day).  Hence the figures will be taken with a pinch of salt.  However, I’m heavier than I thought I was 13st 10ib (87.3 kg) which probably puts me in the obese category of the BMI index.  Taff did point out that when Henry Cooper (famous boxer) was in his prime, even he wasn’t that heavy!  Thanks Taff you’re a pal.  J Crazy really as I don’t class myself as super fat, just chunky.  Talking of BMI I am 29.2, whatever that means… probably not good, and my body fat % is 34.8.  So, a third of me is lard… no surprise there then.

My statistics are 42, 38 ½ and 43 ½ (inches) – bust, waist and hips respectively.  I have a man’s neck i.e. 15 ½ inches, mid upper arm of 14 inches, and mid-thigh of 26.

Oh… and I’ve started a food diary, which is really tedious to do but needs must.

What I ate on Day 1

Snack
½ glass full fat milk
1 banana

Breakfast
1 fat sausage (skinned) – mixed with Mr Naga curry paste, flattened into a patty and fried in coconut oil.
2 field mushrooms – steamed in butter and coconut oil
3 cherry tomatoes – steamed in butter and coconut oil
1 eggs – scrambled with black and white pepper, cooked in the mushroom and tomato juice
1 pint water

Snack
1 cup rooibos  tea (black) – good for the heart
2 large dessert spoons of leftover cauliflower curry

Lunch
Home-made soup – mushrooms, onion and celery sweated in coconut oil, whizzed, with cream and ground pepper for seasoning.

Snacks
2 mouthfuls of milk
1 large dessert spoon of leftover cauliflower curry
1 mug white tea (no sugar)
½ glass milk

Dinner
2 flattened small turkey steaks poached in a cream cheese and mushroom sauce (i.e. leftover mushroom soup)
New potatoes lightly fried in coconut oil
1 pint water

OK, so it’s not an ideal diet, but for a first day I’m quite happy.  Obviously, eventually I’ll calculate calories for my meals, but for now I’ll take things easy.

Signing off with hunger pains

Pam
J

Pam Jones
pamandtaffjones.com
Mummy of Nancy Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment