Wednesday, January 29, 2014

THE NEW ME... ORANGE IS THE NEW CHARDONNAY (DAY 8) - A diet with no refined sugar, flour nor alcohol.

2 egg omelette with cheese, tomatoes and spring onion

Yesterday was a good day, no unexpecteds, which meant I could plan my dietary intake. 

I had a 2 egg, cheese/tomato/spring onion omelette for breakfast, which looked impressive and tasted nice.  Though the eggyness of 2 eggs was a little too much for my taste.  I'm a 1 egg girl.

As it was Orange Wednesdays we went to the cinema.  No popcorn or fizzy drinks for us.  In fact we haven't done that for years.  If we do have anything we drink water.  It's surprising though how many people you can hear munching on popcorn at 11 o'clock in the morning, supping their drinks noisily through a straw.  Do they not eat breakfast?

So by the time we'd gone to the supermarket to get our groceries (and some reduced bargains!) and returned home we were starving, and it was mid afternoon.  All the way through the film I had visions of eating a delicious chickpea salad, and that is what I had with some cold meat.  For the next hour I was telling Taff (better half/husband) how lovely and satisfying it was.  I think I'll have some more today... maybe for breakfast.

Also, I tried to crack the habit of alcohol.  I figured I needed a substitute, as it's drinking liquid from a wine glass that I like.  Thus, I decided on pure orange juice... diluted - 50% juice 50% water.  I had 2 large glasses and I felt good... and it meant I'd trunk 1 of my 5 (fruit/veg) a day.  Orange is the new Chardonnay.

What I ate yesterday (Day 7)

Snack
1/4 glass cow's milk - full fat
1 glass almond milk - unsweetened

Breakfast
2 egg omelette + cheese + cherry tomatoes + spring onion
1 glass water

Late lunch
1/2 slice ham
1 slice turkey
Chickpea salad - tinned chickpeas, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, cucumber, squeezes of lemon
      and lime juice, spring onion, garam masala, cherry tomatoes
1 pint water

Dinner
Turkey tikka - turkey escalope, marinated in yoghurt and curry powder, then grilled
Lettuce
Lemon
Blob of Greek style yoghurt
1 glass water
2 glasses orange juice - diluted

Must go to the gym today, and do some ab work.

Signing out

Pam
:)

Writer, creator and thinker
website - pamandtaffjones.com
Mummy of Nancy Jones (star of 'Tales of Nancy Jones' children's book by Taff Jones)

No comments:

Post a Comment