Monday, February 17, 2014

THE NEW ME... WHERE HAS GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE GONE? (DAY 27) - A gluten free, natural sugars, less alcohol diet

Chicken escalope with rice salad
 

Yet another busy day yesterday.  They just seem to be getting longer and longer with paperwork, partly as a result of gremlins.

For instance I ordered a membership card approximately a month ago.  It arrived in the post admittedly with my photo on but with a completely different name and membership number on it.  So, last week that was one of my tasks to sort out.

I part-exchanged a Reliant car for a more modern car, summer/autumn last year, and sent off the log book slip.  Then about a month ago I received a letter explaining that I wasn't insured for the Reliant and needed to contact an insurer and also DVLA.  I sent a nice letter back, explaining that I was no longer the registered keeper and requested DVLA update their details.  They have.  They've informed me I'm no longer the registered keeper of the Reliant.  Excellent. I'm no longer the registered keeper of my new (pre-loved) existing car either.  When speaking to DVLA yesterday I spoke to a human, which I prefer from a machine, but she might as well have been a machine.  She possessed no customer service skills whatsoever.

Went to bank some money and a cheque at the local branch.  I say local but it's not.  Our local bank closed down a few months ago.  Our most accessible one is now 6 miles away.  And to top it all the cashier told me that their opening hours will be reducing by an hour to 3.30pm.

Also spent an hour or two, taking some storage boxes back to 2 separate supermarkets as they were damaged.  More haste less speed!

And surprise surprise our business website's host server and thus e-mails are down.  We've been 18 months in business... and getting a reliable, honest, website designer/host has been one of the toughest things yet.  Our existing designer and host was our number 4 attempt.  Indeed his Limited Company did design the website, but it appeared to be a massive effort for him to deal with customers.  He liked his business closed to the public, avoided e-mails, and preferred hiding away.  The hosting service was to be 24/7, even when they went out of business and the staff got other day-time jobs.  Yet, we haven't had business e-mails since Saturday morning, as there's a problem with the host server.  Our host is now aloof, has disappeared from the face of the earth and is ignoring our e-mails.  Yet, not only does he now trade as a similar business, I believe he's at the same location.  So we're having to find another host and I'm not sure if our existing host gave us enough information to transfer over to a new one!

It amazes me how, over the years customer service has become a thing of the past in the UK.  I've had many jobs (past lives I call them).  I've always done my best for the customer, even at my expense, as without customers you don't have a business.  Yet this skill is something that has passed many businesses and people by. 

Changing the subject.  Needing to do some errands I managed to visit a pre-loved military shop in the old part of the town which is closing down at the end of March.  It was AMAZING.  And they have excellent customer service.  If only the garments could speak, I'm sure they'd have some stories to tell.  Sadly when the business closes the shop will be gone and become a distant memory.  v=Xk_7ZjWY9Tw http://www.sabresales.co.uk/

What I ate yesterday (Day 26)

Snack
1 glass water
1 small bowl of curried chickpeas (used leftover curry sauce)
1 mug of tea with honey
1 mug of tea + 1/4 tsp sugar
1 glass milk

Brunch
1/2 pint water
1 gluten free cheese and onion pancake

Dinner
Chicken escalope with white sauce
Tomato & grape salad with a tad of salad cream and Greek style yoghurt
Rice salad - basmati rice with red pepper, celery and dash of soy sauce
1 glass water
1/2 the wine I'd normally drink
Elderflower presse

Signing out

Pam
:)

Writer, creator and thinker
http://www.pamandtaffjones.com/
Mummy of Nancy Jones (star of 'Tales of Nancy Jones' children's book by Taff Jones)





No comments:

Post a Comment